About The Creel
The award winning “Creel Restaurant”has been the epitome of modern Scottish bistro cookery since September 2006
Produce carefully sourced locally from both land and sea prepared and cooked freshly on site by Chef Proprietor Logan Thorburn.
Having earned his stripes under Seafood Guru “Rick Stein” and many others Logan has steadily earned his own loyal following in his multi award winning Restaurant and is truly a master in the modern artisan world of rustic cuisine.So after a long Dunbar beach walk or a stroll along the “John Muir Way” come, relax and enjoy……“We’re really not just a Seafood restaurant you know!”Check website for sample menus Photography by Amanda Farnese Heath
“I whole heartedly try and maintain all the pleasures that lift us when we indulge in our local food sources from both land and sea. We support our local suppliers and we enjoy as much of East Lothian’s native produce that warrants possible. We also wish to protect local and national fish stocks and feel with pride that any fishes we might use from distant waters be it wild or farmed are of the highest quality (supplied with the Marine Stewardship Council Seal of Approval) are very welcome guests at our table!”
The ones I put my faith in most of all – my suppliers:
- Andersons Quality Butchers, East Linton, East Lothian T: 01620 860232
- Belhaven Brewery, Dunbar, East Lothian T: 01368 862323
- Belhaven Smoke House, Beltonford, Dunbar, East Lothian T: 01368 863244
- Iain J Mellis, ‘The Finest Farm House Cheeses’, Edinburgh T: 0131 661 9955
- Ross Dougal Fish Merchant, Eyemouth, Berwickshire T: 01890 752811
- Robert Sinclair & Son Fruit & Vegetables, North Berwick, East Lothian T: 01620 892512
- M & J Seafood, (MSC*) East Mains Industrial Estate, West Lothian T: 01506 863334
- Braehead Foods (Fine Foods Specialists), Kilmarnock, Ayrshire T: 01563 550008
- Lockett Bros Wine Merchants, North Berwick, East Lothian T: 01620 890799
Entertaining at Creel Restaurant
Canapé parties of between 20 and 40 people are welcome for the perfect office party!
Gift vouchers are available for special occasions.
“I am always open to suggestions for various themed events or maybe even starting a wine club. If you would like to share an idea and feel that the Creel Restaurant would be a great venue, then give me a call (preferably not at lunch or dinner time of course!) to arrange a chinwag.
Finally, I would like to thank all of my suppliers for their endeavours to consistently produce ‘the goods’ every single day. And of course by no means least, my most wonderful customers who have returned time and time again in such a short space of time since my opening. It is only because of you that my dream has become reality.”
Many, many thanks,
Our aim is that you come, relax and enjoy a memorable visit with attentive and friendly service, great modern artisan Food and wonderfully well matched wines from both the New and Old Worlds.